Experience Jeepney Dining at Mactan Alfresco in Mactan Newtown
If you are new in Cebu or have not been to Mactan Newtown lately, Mactan Alfresco offers a not so ordinary dining experience - the Jeepney Dining experience like no other.
JEEPNEY DINING EXPERIENCE AT MACTAN ALFRESCO
The nearest food stall where the 2 jeepneys are situated is Joaquin Carlo Grill that offers grilled foods, Crocodile Sisig and "all day breakfast" menu which was "gone for the day" breakfast menu when we went there (lol). As customer service was great and I wanting to try a jeepney dining experience, considering the proximity of the kiosk to the jeepneys, me and my cousin decided to order food from there to secure one jeepney (lol). So the next time you go to Mactan Newtown, try to dine inside the jeepney and relax while enjoying the breath of fresh air. Wherever you order your food, you can dine at any of the available jeepney. To date, there are only 3 jeepneys, the 3rd one is situated at the other entrance. If you aren't lucky when you go there, try your luck on weekdays or on off-peak hours.
MACTAN ALFRESCO LIST OF FOOD STALLS AND KIOSKS
Mactan Alfresco is a food court situated inside Mactan Newtown and some of the restaurants and food kiosks there are: Mama Linda, Manang Sayong, Choobi Choobi, MexiMama, Orange Karenderia, Thirsty, Te Fiti Express, KKB ug Seafoods (KKB meaning Kinaldero Kanding BBQ), Jenson Foods, Ayer's Lechon, Muvanz Pocherohan and Seafoods and Joaquin Carlo Grill. I no longer see Oyster Bay Express there.
Mactan Alfresco is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm - Mondays to Sundays.
There is a parking area near the entrance to Mactan Alfresco.
Aside from The Mactan Newtown properties, other places nearby are Mactan Barangay Hall, Sto Nino de Cebu Mactan Parish Church, McDonald's (inside Mactan Newtown), Jollibee (near the church) and you can actually walk your way to Mactan Newtown Beach formerly known as Portofino Beach. Also a popular tourist destination, Mactan Shrine (where Lapu-Lapu and Magellan's Shrines are situated) is a few minutes walk away.
HOW TO GO TO MACTAN NEWTOWN AND MACTAN ALFRESCO
- Go to J Centre Mall PUV Terminal or Parkmall PUV Terminal situated outside the mall
- Ride a jeepney bound for Soong/Marigondon
- Disembark at Sto. Nino de Cebu Mactan Parish Church after Jollibee. Mactan Newtown is on the opposite side.
- If you are somewhere near Marina Mall or Save More, ride a jeepney bound for Soong/Marigondon then disembark at Sto. Nino de Cebu Mactan Parish Church. Alternatively, you can also ride a jeepney bound for Punta Engano then disembark at a corner heading to Mactan Newtown. It is just about 2-3 minutes walk depending on your energy (lol)
- Another option is to ride a taxi, Grab or Uber.
- If you have to go there using your private vehicle, from Marina Mall, take the route heading to Mactan Shrine, Shangri-La or Movenpick, then turn right at the corner heading to Mactan Newtown or Mactan Church. Check out the map below for direction.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
|Pueblo Verde - Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu|
|Sugbo Mercado - IT Park, Apas, Cebu City|
|Beach Destinations in Cebu, Philippines|