Obong Spring, Obong Ruins and Obong Beach
The southern towns of Dalaguete and Badian are home to the mountain peaks such as Osmena Peak, Casino Peak, Kandungaw Peak, Lover's Peak, Sunset Peak, etc.. If climbing is not your thing or if after your climb you wanted to relax, why not dip yourself in the cold Obong Spring water in Obong, Dalaguete, Cebu?
|Obong Spring Dalaguete Cebu|
Obong Spring is a government run spring resort that is just a few meters away from the national road. The resort has several cottages and lifebuoys (salbabida) that you can rent on. We intentionally did not swim when we went there as we already had our swim at Casay Beach but I believe the water must be a little salty since the salt water and the fresh spring water merge.
|Obong Spring - Dalaguete, Cebu|
|Obong Spring - this is where salt water and spring water merge.|
ENTRANCE, COTTAGE RATES
Entrance to Obong Spring is only P5 for adults and P2 for children below 10 years old which is collected near the national road, so when you get to the resort, you do not have to pay anything except if you want to rent a cottage. Cottage rentals range from P200 to P300.
|Obong Spring Cottages and Tables - there are several cottages and tables inside to accommodate you. There are several stores there as well to feed your hungry stomach.|
FOOD, CORKAGE, GRILLING STATION, STORE, DAY USE, OVERNIGHT, OPERATING HOURS
There is a grilling station in case you want to grill your food there. I believe there is no corkage fee if you have to bring your own food and drinks. If you don't want to bring any, there are several stores there that you can order your food from. The store attendant told me you can stay overnight there, there are several open cottages to accommodate you ranging from P200-P300. There is also a close cottage near the grilling station that is open from 6:00pm to 6:00am and they will charge you a fraction of the rent depending on the number of hours you stayed there, see picture below (rates are unclear).
|Obong Spring Cottages and Grilling Station - Obong, Dalaguete, Cebu|
There is a parking area there, a private property that charge P20 for automobiles and P5 for motorcycles. It can accommodate between 15-20 cars or more.
OBONG RUINS AND OBONG BEACH
If you are the curious type like we are, go explore the surrounding area, there is a beach there and Obong Ruins, if you may allow me to call it lol.
|Obong Beach near Obong Spring Dalaguete Cebu - this is a close walking distance from Obong Spring near the private property parking area. The local that I talked to told me this is a private beach and said you can swim there if you want.|
|Obong Ruins and Obong Beach near Obong Spring Dalaguete - this is a close walking distance from Obong Spring near the private property parking area.|
HOW TO GO TO OBONG SPRING FROM CEBU CITY
- Go to Cebu South Bus Terminal by hiring a taxi, Grab or Uber.
- Ride a bus bound for Alcoy or Dalaguete or Bato via Sibonga or Bato via Oslob or Bato via Liloan, Santander.
- Disembark at the corner heading towards Obong Spring. The resort is just a few meters away from the national road. You know you're nearer when you pass by Ocean Bay Beach Resort after passing by the town of Dalaguete. Remind the driver or the bus steward that you will be disembarking at Obong Spring. Fare is P136
- If you want to go there on a private vehicle, Obong Spring is just a few meters away from Ocean Bay after passing by the town of Dalaguete. You may download the Waze App or see the map below for direction.
- If you want to go to Obong Spring after your hike to Osmena Peak, Kandungaw Peak or Casino Peak, etc. from Dalaguete town proper, ride a tricycle or habal habal at the crossing near 7Eleven, fare could be P15-20. We went there from Ocean Bay and fare was only P10.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE