Exploring Cebu Southern Towns in 3 Days and 2 Nights
The southern towns of Cebu are home to the beautiful beaches and most amazing waterfalls such as Kawasan Falls, Aguinid Falls, Dau Falls, Triple Drop Falls, Inambakan Falls, Cambais Falls and many others. We did not visit all the falls but we did enjoy our recent Cebu round south trip.
|Villa Budlot & Taginis Spring - Moalboal, Cebu. This has become my younger sister's favorite place for rest and relaxation.|
DAY 1: VILLA BUDLOT - MOALBOAL, CEBU
- 5:30am to 7:00am Wake up call and preparation
- 7:00am - 10:00am Departed from Mandaue City, Cebu to Villa Budlot & Taginis Spring with a quick stop at Ronda Plaza for our breakfast
- 10:00am Dropped by at Gaisano Grand Mall Moalboal to buy food
- Past 10:00am - Arrived at the resort
- 11:00am to 12:00mn - Time to relax, unwind, eat, chitchat, enjoy the scenery, bond with family, sing, drink, etc. Such a perfect place for rest and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Stayed there overnight. You can cook there. No corkage.
- Getting there: Go to South Bus Terminal and ride a bus bound for Bato via Barili and disembark at Gaisano Grand Mall Moalboal. Hire or charter a motorbike to bring you to Villa Budlot. For more info about this part of the trip, click on the image above.
|Taken last August 2017|
|Taken during our first trip there, February 2017|
|Taken during our 2nd trip, August 2017|
DAY 2 [am-pm]: VILLA BUDLOT & TAGINIS FALLS/BUDLOT FALLS - MOALBOAL, CEBU
- 6:00am to 7:00am Wake up call
- 7:00am to 8:00am Breakfast. You can cook there or you can order an hour in advance if you don't want to bring food. There is also a store there
- 8:00am to 3:00pm Swimming at the pool and at the cold spring water at the foot of the resort, visiting Taginis Falls, rest and relaxation (loads of it)
- 3:15 pm to 3:45pm Went down to Moalboal town from Villa Budlot
- 3:45pm to 4:00pm We separated from the rest of the group. Dropped by at Gaisano Grand Mall Moalboal to buy some grocery items and stuff
|Taken last August 2017|
|Taken from our first time there, February 2017|
DAY 2 [pm]: BASDAKU/WHITE BEACH - MOALBOAL, CEBU & OVERNIGHT STAY AT KAWASAN FALLS - BADIAN, CEBU
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm Chartered a tricycle from Gaisano Grand Mall Moalboal to Basdaku/White Beach. Swimming for about an hour then asked the driver to bring us to Moalboal town proper. Fare was P150/one way. If you are not in a hurry, you can ride a tricycle for P25-30 each.
- 5:30 pm to 6:00pm Dinner at an eatery near the church/jeepney stop and quick tour at Moalboal town
- 6:00pm to 6:25pm Travel time from Moalboal to Badian town by multicab. You can actually catch a bus from Moalboal town proper to bring you direct to the corner heading to Kawasan Falls but after a few minutes of waiting, we decided to take the multi-cab instead. Fare was P11
- 6:25pm to past 7:00pm Chartered a motorbike (P120)/P40 per person from Badian town proper to Kawasan Falls and trek our way towards Kawasan Falls. Grateful to the motorbike driver for accompanying us trekking to Kawasan Falls.
- Relaxed and stayed overnight at Kawasan Falls
- For more info on this part of the trip, click on the images below
|Basdaku/White Beach - Moalboal, Cebu|
|Kawasan Falls - Badian, Cebu|
DAY 3 [am]: KAWASAN FALLS - BADIAN CEBU & HIDDEN/TRIPLE DROP FALLS - SAMBOAN, CEBU
- 5:30am Wake up call
- 5:45am to 8:00am Went straight to the 2nd Falls and swam there, then went down to the first falls, swam there to our heart's content.
- 8:00am to 8:30am Shower time and relaxation
- 8:30am to 9:00am Breakfast at an eatery there
- 9:00am to 9:25am Trekked from Kawasan Falls to the entrance/national road
- CHASING WATERFALLS: When we reached the entrance we were greeted by a tricycle driver and offered us a "Chasing Waterfalls" tour. The offer was P500 per person to tour us to the many waterfalls the southern towns have to offer but we did not went with the tour and proceeded with DIY and boarded a Ceres bus since we planned to drop by Oslob town and go back to Cebu City that same day.
- 9:25am to 9:55am Boarded a Ceres bus and disembarked at Samboan town. Fare was P45.
- 9:55am to 11:45am Chartered a motorbike from Samboan town to Binalayan Falls which is also know as Hidden Falls or Triple Drop Falls. Fare was P20 each. Swam there for more than an hour. For more info on this part of the trip, click on the images below and above.
|Hidden Falls or Binalayan Falls or Triple Drop Falls|
DAY 3 [nn-pm]: AGUINID FALLS - SAMBOAN, CEBU
- 11:45am to 12:00nn Chartered a motorbike from Binalayan Falls to Aguinid Falls. Fare was P10.
- 12:00nn Lunch at an eatery near the entrance
- Past 12:00nn to 2:30pm Trekked to the 5-Level Aguinid Falls
- 2:30pm to 2:45pm Shower time at the base near the entrance
- 2:45pm to 3:00pm Chartered a motorbike to Ceres Bus Bato Terminal. Fare was P50.
- 3:00pm to 3:30pm Boarded a bus bound for Cebu City via Sibonga (Fare was P45)
- 3:30pm Disembarked at Oslob Public Market
- For more info on this part of the trip, click on the image below.
|Aguinid Falls - Samboan Cebu. This is the 5th Level.|
DAY 3 [pm]: OSLOB, CEBU TO CEBU CITY
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm Early dinner at an eatery beside Oslob Public Market
- 4:00pm to 5:00pm Explored the historic town of Oslob. If you are an Instagram person, Cuartel and Baluarte are perfect sites for you. You're welcome!
- 5:00pm to 8:30pm Travel time from Oslob to Cebu City. Fare P165/aircon (one way)
- 8:30pm Arrived at South Bus Terminal in Cebu City
- 8:30pm to 9:00pm Dinner
- To learn more about this part of the trip, click on the image below
|Cuartel - Oslob, Cebu|
Hope this itinerary gives you the confidence that no matter where you'll be heading in Cebu, you can be assured that transportation is not an issue. Always bring your smile with you when you travel, it will go places. Also, please do tip generously. Whatever you sow, so shall you reap.
How about you, how you travelled round south Cebu? How was your trip and what was your route. Or did you travel round north Cebu? Feel free to share your itinerary in the comment section below. Thanks and happy travels!
OTHER SOUTHERN CEBU TOWNS
|Tingko Beach - Alcoy, Cebu|
|Cebu Club Fort Med - Boljoon, Cebu|