Learn basic conversational Cebuano!
Cebuano is just one of the 8 major dialects spoken here in the Philippines. Most Filipinos understand English but if you want to practice some conversational Cebuano, see below, it'd be fun!:
- Good morning - Maayong buntag
- Good afternoon - Maayong hapon
- Good evening - Maayong gabii
- How are you? - Kumusta? or Kumusta ka?
- Fine, thanks and you? - Okay lang, ikaw?
- Thank you! - Salamat!
- You're welcome! - Way sapayan!
- What is your name? - Kinsa ngalan nimo?
- How much? - Tag pila? or tag pila ni?
- How much is the ticket for a bus to Santa Fe? - Tagpila ticket sa bus paingon Santa Fe?
- Where is this? - Asa ni?
- Where is this located - Asa ni dapita?
- Where is the toilet/bathroom - Asa inyo cr or Asa inyo kasilyas?
- Where is this located? - Asa ni dapit?
- Where are you from? - Taga asa ka?
- When is your birthday - Kanus-a imo birthday?
- Have you been to Santa Fe? - Nakaadto naka sa Santa Fe?
- Have you been to Cebu? - Nakaadto naka sa Cebu?