Aguinid Falls is I believe one of the most popular waterfalls in the town of Samboan, aside from Dau Falls. The waterfalls are a 5-level waterfalls conveniently situated in Tangbo, Samboan, Cebu. The falls are not so far from the national road and it will not take you too far to get to Level 0. You will only trek 10-20 minutes depending on your energy level (lol).
|This was taken by our guide/photographer at Level 5.|
Before embarking on an adventure, someone at the entrance will brief you about how deep the waters are on each of the levels. You will be advised that you can only reach level 5, after passing levels 1, 2, 3 and 4. Yes, you can not reach level number 2 without passing by level number 1 and you can not reach level number 3 without passing by level number 2, and so on. You will also be provided by 2 guides. One of the locals told me, there are actually 8 levels on Aguinid Falls but levels 6 to 8 are closed and will be open to public soon (or has opened to public, in case you read this blog on a later date). The motorbike driver also told me, once levels 6 to 8 are opened, you need not go down to level 0, as level number 8 is near the highway.
Entrance Fee - P20
Environmental Fee - P20
Guide - Not included in the total fee of P40 but you will be provided with 2 guides, so please tip generously. There's a joy of helping others and remember, whatever you sow, so shall you reap.
Baggages - You will be asked to leave your baggages at the entrance.
|Aguinid Falls - Level 1. This is only 3-4 feet.|
|Aguinid Falls - Level 2|
|Aguinid Falls - Level 3|
|Aguinid Falls - Level 4. You can do cliff jumping here.|
|Aguinid Falls - Level 5. This is only 3-4 feet.|
BINALAYAN FALLS/HIDDEN FALLS
Close to Aguinid Falls is the enigmatic Binalayan Falls aka Hidden Falls or Triple Drop Falls. The waterfalls are also a few minutes away from the national road and will only take you 12-15 minutes trek, again, depending on your energy level (lol). There are 2 waterfalls there, the 2nd one must be the reason why these waterfalls are called Hidden Falls or Triple Drop Falls. You can do cliff jumping there.
|Binalayan First Falls|
|Binalayan 2nd Falls. You can do cliff jumping here. We swam near the place where we have the picture taken , the waters are shallow, only between 3-4 feet but near the waterfalls, it's about 9 feet deep.|
Entrance Fee - P20
Environmental Fee - P20
Guide - Not included in the total fee of P40 but you will be provided with a guide if it's your first time, so please tip generously. There's a joy of helping others and remember, whatever you sow, so shall you reap.
Baggages - You can bring your bags and just leave it somewhere near the bamboo railings near the 2nd Falls.
There are several other falls in Samboan, one of the most famous is Dau Falls. Others are Candayvic Falls, Balay'g Sawa Falls, Tabon Falls and Mini-Falls
You know you're in Samboan when you are greeted by their shoutout, Siempre Samboan! When you ride a bus, you will be droppped off at the place where you can see their slogan. It is also from there that you will be greeted by friendly motorbike drivers to bring you to your desired destination. Samboan is situated at the tip of the southwestern part of Cebu before the town of Santander.
|Siempre Samboan - when you ride a bus, disembark when you see this signage.|
- Go to South Bus Terminal (near E-Mall)
- Ride a bus going to Bato via Barili (Fare could range between P170-P210 [one way]). Travel time from Cebu City to Samboan is 3.5-4 hours depending on traffic.
- Disembark at Samboan town proper or ask the driver to drop you off at Siempre Samboan.
- You will then be greeted by the habal-habal (motorbike) drivers. Tell them, you want to go to Aguinid Falls and Binalayan Falls. Fare from Samboan town to Binalayan Falls is only P20 per person (one way) and P10 per person (one way) from Binalayan Falls to Aguinid Falls. There are several motorbike drivers standing by waiting for passengers at the entrance of each of the waterfalls, so transportation is not a problem.
- If you are going there from the other southwestern towns (i.e. Barili, Dumanjug, Ronda, Moalboal, Badian, Malabuyoc, Ginatilan, Alegria) - you can catch a bus bound for Bato on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic. Then see steps number 3 and 4 above.
- If you are going there from the other southeastern towns (i.e. Sibonga, Argao, Dalaguete, Alcoy, Boljoon, Oslob) - you can catch a bus bound for Bato on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic. Disembark at Bato Terminal and ride a bus bound for Cebu City via Barili. Then see steps number 3 and 4 above.
- If you are going there from Kawasan Falls (our trip), catch a bus on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes. Fare from Kawasan Falls to Samboan town is P45.
- Then see steps number 3 and 4 above.
|Kawasan Falls - Badian, Cebu|
|Cebu Club Fort Med - Boljoon, Cebu|
|Villa Budlot and Taginis Spring - Moalboal, Cebu|