Oslob other than Whale Shark Watching and Sumilon Island
Oslob is famous for its Whale Shark Watching and Sumilon Island but when we went there, we just tour around the town proper and explore the beautiful Spanish-inspired instagram-worthy historical structures dating back to the 1800's. If you love historical sites, this itinerary should be on your list on your next visit to Oslob, Cebu.
SITES TO SEE
|Cuartel is a unique structure built through the effort of El Gran Maestro Don Marcos Sabandal to serve as barracks for Spanish armies but was halted during the arrival of the Americans in 1899.|
|This is the oldest street in Oslob. Built in 1879 and was named after Parish Priest, Fr. Jose Aragones during the Spanish Era.|
Baluarte/Fr. Julian Bermejo Statue
The sites above are a walking distance away from each other within the vicinity of Balay Lungsod sa Oslob.
OTHER SITES TO SEE IN OSLOB
Aside from the famous Whale Shark Watching and Sumilon Island, you can also visit Tumalog Falls, Estaca, Mainit Sulfuric Hot Spring and Heritage Park.
- Go to South Bus Terminal (near E-Mall)
- Ride a bus going to Bato via Sibonga (Fare is P165 aircon [one way], non aircon must be lesser). Travel time from Cebu City to Oslob is 3.5 to 4 hours depending on traffic.
- Disembark at Oslob Public Market fronting MLhuillier or ask the bus steward to drop you off at Oslob town proper.
- The sites are a walking distance from Oslob Public Market
- If you are going there from the other southwestern towns (i.e. Barili, Dumanjug, Moalboal, Badian, Ginatilan, etc), you can catch a bus bound for Bato on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic. Fare varies depending on your point of origin. Disembark at Bato Terminal then ride a bus going to Oslob or Cebu City. Fare is P45 (non-aircon). Tell the bus steward to drop you off at Oslob Public Market.
- If you are going there from the other southeastern towns (i.e. Sibonga, Argao, Dalaguete, Alcoy, etc.), you can catch a bus bound for Bato on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic. Disembark at Oslob Public Market.
- If you need assistance, you can go to the tourism office right next to Oslob Public Market.
PLACES TO STAYBluewater Sumilon Island Resort
Casa Bonita Inn
Gunners Lodging House
Luzmin BH - Beachfront Cottages
Luzmin BH - Cottages and Bungalows
Luzmin BH - Pink House
Luzmin BH - White House
Maxvir Beach Resort
MB Sunrise View Resort
You might also like
|Villa Budlot - Moalboal, Cebu|
|Ronda loves you - Ronda, Cebu|
|Boljoon Church - Boljoon, Cebu|