Talisay City's The Ruins - Negros Occidental, Philippines
Talisay City is home to 2 of the most famous tourist attractions in Negros Occidental such as Campuestohan Highland Resort and The Ruins. Both attractions can be reached from Bacolod City in one hour or less via the Silay bound route.
|The Ruins - Talisay City, Negros Occidental, Philippines|
|The Beautiful Garden with Lagoon Inside The Ruins in Talisay City|
Just like Temple of Leah in Cebu City, The Ruins has a rich love story to behold about a couple's love for each other and the father's love for his children. After the tragic death of his Portuguese wife from Macau, Maria Braga, who slipped from the bathroom during her pregnancy, his husband, Don Mariano Lacson thought of immortalizing Maria in his memory, thus, The Ruins which is what remains of the then Don Mariano Lacson Mansion which was razed to the ground during the early part of World War II. To read more about this couple's love story, visit The Ruins website.
|The Ruins in Talisay City, Negros Occidental|
THE RUINS RESTAURANT | ENTRANCE FEE | OPERATING HOURS
|The Restaurant Insdie The Ruins in Talisay City, Negros Occidental|
The Ruins has a restaurant inside if you go hungry and the following are their Entrance Fees: Adult (P100); Senior Citizen and Persons With Disability (P60); Students (P50); Children below 8 years old (P20). They also have a consumable entrance fee of P300 where you can redeem at their restaurant. The Ruins operates from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
SOUVENIR SHOP/PARKING SPACE
There is a big parking space inside The Ruins and if you love collecting stuff from other places, you can buy souvenir items there.
|The Ruins has a big parking space inside. Thanks to these guys for the tour to The Ruins and Campuestohan Highland Resort,|
This is what I found on How to Go to to The Ruins thru their website.
- From the airport, take a shuttle to Bacolod and tell the driver to drop you off at The RUINS. It is along the way to Bacolod City from the airport.
- By private car or taxi, from the airport, take the access road to the airport going south to Bacolod City. Turn right to Don Mariano L. Lacson Highway (5th intersection) and in about 900 meters you will arrive at The RUINS.
HOW TO GO TO THE RUINS FROM BACOLOD CITY
- From Bacolod City, take a jeepney ride to BATA and get off at Robinson’s Mall. Walk to GO Hotel and take a shuttle from there to The RUINS.
- By private car or taxi, take Lacson Street going north to Talisay City. After the flyover at the CERES North Terminal and PEPSI bottling plant, turn right towards the mountains on Don Mariano L. Lacson Highway and in about 2.3 kms. you will arrive at The RUINS.
HOW TO GO TO THE RUINS FROM CEBU VIA TOLEDO CITY BY BUS
- Go to Cebu City South Bus Terminal
- Ride a bus bound for Toledo City. Fare is P83. Travel time is 2 hours or less. If you want to ride a van, go to Toledo Van Terminal in Junquera St, somewhere near University of San Carlos. Fare for the van is P100 and travel time is a few minutes faster than the bus.
- Disembark at the corner heading to Toledo Port (the one with McDonald's). If you opted to ride a van, disembark at the van terminal in Toledo Port.
- Walk your way towards the terminal and buy a ticket bound for San Carlos City. Lite Shipping will take you 2 hours and fast craft will take you 1 hour. I used FastCat that only took 1 hour travel time. Fare - P260 aircon/P195 non-aircon. Terminal fee (Toledo - P15)
- Once you arrived in San Carlos City Port, ride a tricycle or trisikad to bring you to Ceres Terminal. Fare is P8
- At the Ceres Terminal, ride a bus bound for Bacolod City via Don Salvador (only 2.5 hours). Fare is P153. Alternatively, you can ride a direct bus bound for Bacolod City at Cebu City South Bus Terminal. Fare is above P500, so prepare P600. If you choose the direct bus, you can disembark once you are in the boat. I think Ceres buses use Lite Shipping, so travel time from Toledo Port to San Carlos City Port is one hour longer, a total of 2 hours.
- Disembark at Bacolod Ceres Terminal at Lopez Jaena St.
- This is how I get to The Ruins from Bacolod City. I charter a tricycle for a half day tour to Campuestohan Highland Resort and The Ruins. I was asked P800 for the tour to Campuestohan but because I wanted to visit The Ruins, I spent more. Not sure if it is too much, so haggle if you must. As always, do tip generously as it may be the only time you had to help that person. You may also charter a taxi instead. If you don't want to charter a taxi or tricycle, see how to go to The Ruins from Bacolod City above.
HOW TO GO TO THE RUINS FROM BACOLOD CITY VIA PRIVATE VEHICLE
This is my version of how to go to The Ruins from Bacolod City via private vehicle
- From Bacolod City, take the Silay bound route.
- After about 20 to 25 minutes drive, you will pass by The Fountain Grove
- There is a corner on your left fronting The Fountain Grove, use that road. After a minute or 2, you will see The Ruins' gate. That's it! See map below.
How about you, have you been to The Ruins? How was your experience?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
|Cebu to Bacolod Itinerary|
|How to go to Campuestohan Highland Resort from Cebu via Toledo|
|Labyrinth in Toldeo City Cebu|