If you are from Cebu, my guess is you might have visited Kawasan Falls a few times before, but my question is, when was the last time you visited the place? Mine was 20 years ago. Yes, I'm from Cebu but because the place is far and that there are a lot of beautiful places in the world, I was only able to visit the place once again on the last week of August. Kawasan Falls is situated in Barangay Matutinao in the town of Badian in the southwestern part of Cebu Province.
|Kawasan Falls - 1st Level (1st Falls)|
|Use this footbridge on your way to the 2nd Falls|
|You'll pass by a number of small falls before reaching the 2nd Falls|
|Us, swimming at the 2nd Falls. My niece was only 2 years old the last she visited Kawasan Falls.|
OVERNIGHT STAY/WHERE TO STAY
Me, my niece and her bf went there after an overnight stay in Villa Budlot and fresh from the beautiful beach of Basdaku (White Beach), both from the town of Moalboal. After a quick swim and a few minutes wait to catch a bus at Moalboal town proper, we decided to board a multicab (mini-jeepney) instead and disembarked at Badian town proper, a few kilometers away to Kawasan Falls. We then hire a motorbike from there and arrived at Kawasan Falls around 7:00pm. (Entrance to Kawasan is only P20).
|Behind the lovebird is Willys and The Kawasan Falls, there's a store and eatery there.|
|This is also at the first level. When you go to the 2nd falls, you will see a pathway close to this building.|
|This is right beside the 2nd Falls. There is also another property fronting this.|
We stayed overnight at Willys & The Kawasan Falls for us to maximize our stay in the south as we planned to go to Aguinid Falls and Binalayan Falls in Samboan the following morning.
Aircon Room (2 beds good for 4 persons) - P2500
Ceiling Fan Room (2 beds good for 4 persons) - P1700
Ceiling Fan Room (1 bed good for 2 persons) - P1300
You can also stay nearby. Check out Agoda.com or any other booking websites and look for those with the address Matutinao, Badian, Cebu.
There is an entrance fee of P20 but we arrived there at night, so we were free or so we thought as we booked a room there.
- Go to South Bus Terminal (near E-Mall)
- Ride a bus going to Bato via Barili (Fare could range between P150-P170 [one way]). Travel time from Cebu City to Kawasan Falls is 3 to 3.5 hours depending on traffic.
- Disembark at Barangay Matutinao at the corner heading to Kawasan Falls. It's along the national road, just tell the bus steward to drop you off at Kawasan Falls
- Trek your way towards Kawasan Falls about 20-35 minutes depending on your energy level (lol). Don't worry, about 90% of the pathway to the falls is already paved (unlike before where it was 100% rough road).
|20 years ago, this used to be a rough road heading towards Kawasan Falls|
- If you are going there from the other southwestern towns i.e. Barili, Dumanjug up to the town of Badian, you can catch a bus bound for Bato on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic. If you are coming from Samboan, Malabuyoc, Ginatilan, Alegria - catch a bus bound for Cebu City. Fare varies depending on your point of origin. Tell the bus steward to drop you off at at the entrance to Kawasan Falls then trek your way towards Kawasan Falls.
- FROM MOALBOAL VIA MULTI-CAB & HABAL-HABAL [OUR TRIP] We went there from Moalboal after a quick swim at Basdaku/White Beach. We were supposed to ride a bus but because we were in a hurry, we boarded a Badian bound multi-cab. Fare was P11 and travel time was around 15-20 minutes. The drop off point was only up to Badian town proper, so from there, we charter a motorbike to bring us to Kawasan Falls. Travel time was another 15-20 minutes and fare was P120 (P40 per person) but if you have some extra cash, please tip generously (whatever you sow, so shall you reap, remember, that's the only time you got the chance to help that driver). The habal-habal (motorbike) driver then auto-converted himself as our guide on our trek to Kawasan Falls. A guide is not necessary but we arrived there around 7:00pm, so he offered to bring us to the property instead.
- If you are going there from the other southeastern towns (i.e. Sibonga, Argao, Dalaguete, Alcoy, Boljoon, Oslob), you can catch a bus bound for Bato on the streets every 20 to 30 minutes or so, depending on traffic. Disembark at Bato Terminal and ride a bus bound for Cebu City via Barili. Tell the bus steward to drop you off at at the entrance to Kawasan Falls then trek your way towards Kawasan Falls.
OTHER PLACES TO STAY IN BADIAN
Lambug Beach Homestay
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
|Cebu Club Fort Med - Boljoon, Cebu|
|Cuartel - Oslob, Cebu|