Estaca Bay Gardens Conference Resort - Compostela, Cebu
If you are from Cebu, my guess is you have been there. This used to be one of our beach destinations when we were younger. Back then, there were no swimming pools and no rooms to stay for a night or two. Formerly and popularly known as Stakili Beach Resort, Estaca Bay Gardens Conference Resort is situated at KM 23, Estaca, Compostela, Cebu just an hour away (more or less) from Cebu City, depending on traffic.
|Estaca Bay Gardens Sunrise - I love capturing photographs during sunrise at the beach|
THE COTTAGES, ENTRANCE & FEES:
Weekday: P30/Adult; P20/Kid
Weend/Holiday: P50/Adult; P20/Kid
Open Cottages: P550-P1500
Close/Semi-Close Cottages: P550
Plastic Table Set: P200
Camp Tent Charge: P150
Nipa Hut: P350
Bahay Kubo: P650
Corkage: Lechon P350/whole lechon; Liquors P20/bottle
Canteen/Restaurant: They have a canteen there that you can order a bottle of beer or more and they have a restaurant there as well in case you want to go there solo and don't want to bring food.
|Estaca Bay Gardens - Grilled Ham and Cheese + Coffee - P155|
|The cottage area at Estaca Bay Gardens and Conference Resort is now more spacious compared to a few years back. Cottages are now fixed at the corners. There used to be a videoke machine at the beach front but it has been phased out. There's music there that livens up your stay at the resort.|
If you intend to go there for a day use, you can go there from 6:00am to 6:00pm, but why not go there at 6:00am to maximize your bonding moments with your family and friends until 6:00pm?
NIGHT USE: PERFECT FOR "BARKADA"
If you intend to go there and have a drinking spree with your barkada (group of friends), the place is a perfect getaway for you. Yes, you can stay there from 6:00pm to 6:00am, spending quality time with your barkada (group) while enjoying the beach at the same time, drinking the night away till dawn. Drink responsibly. There's a music there to liven up your drinking spree, but if you have been there before and are expecting for the videoke machines, they are now a thing from the past, i.e. phased out.
THE POOLS AND FEES.
There are now 2 swimming pools in the resort, the old one opens from 8:00am to 10:00pm and the new one is open from 10:00am to 6:00pm. There is a fee of P100 if you have not booked a room there.
|Estaca Bay Gardens and Conference Resort formerly known as Stakili Beach Resort in Compostela, Cebu - This pool near the Canteen opens from 10:00am to 6:00pm only and a fee of P100 is collected if you are not staying at the property|
|Estaca Bay Gardens - This is the older pool near the restaurant and front office that opens from 8:00am to 10:00pm. A fee of P100 is collected if you don't have a room booked.|
ROOMS AND RATES
The resort has several rooms to choose from. Room rates range from P1,800 to P4,000 and they charge a fee for extra person for P500/person. The rates include free breakfast and free use of swimming pool. If you are a large group of people that intends to do conference there while enjoying the beach, the charge is P4,000 for 8 hours. You can book online at agoda.com, booking.com, trivago.com, travelbook.ph, etc.
|Estacay Bay Gardens and Conference Resort - I like it that they separated the rooms from the cottages' area. If you want a quiet time and just relax and enjoy the scenery, then definitely, you need to get a room and book a night or two.|
HOW TO GO TO ESTACAY BAY GARDENS CONFERENCE RESORT
- Go to Cebu North Bus Terminal or along the National Highway in Mandaue City fronting San Miguel Brewery or go to SM City Cebu crossing near Sun Gold.
- If from Cebu North Bus Terminal, ride a mini-bus/van bound for Carmen/Catmon or any north-bound buses and see if the driver will allow you to ride the bus/van for Compostela. If along National Highway fronting San Miguel Brewery or from SM City Cebu crossing near Sun Gold, ride a jeepney or multi-cab bound for Compostela, Cebu (#26) or #27 (Danao City).
- Tell the driver or the jeepney steward (konduktor) that you will disembark at Estaca Bay or Stakili Beach. It's along national road.
- You can also go there from SM City Consolacion. Ride a jeepney near McDonalds with route numbers 26 (Compostela) or number 27 (Danao City)
- If you use your own vehicle, the place is just near the boundary between Liloan and Compostela. See map below for directions or download the Waze App.
OTHER PLACES TO STAY IN COMPOSTELA
Green Lagoon Park
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
|Santa Fe, Bantayan Island, Cebu|
|Bantayan Sa Hari - Liloan, Cebu|
|Lake Danao - Camotes Islands, Cebu|
|Elsalvador - Danao City, Cebu|
|Cebu City Tourist Attractions - Cebu City, Cebu|