Bamboo Forest Entrance Fee, Operating Hours, How To Get There and an Unexpected Trip to Medellin Cebu (North)
Bamboo Forest - Luy-a, Medellin, Cebu
The famous Bamboo Forest in Luy-a, Medellin is one of the fastest growing tourist attractions in Cebu. There are a lot of things you can do there such as picnicking under the shade of bamboo plants, saying a prayer at a wishing well, sealing your love with a padlock at the Japanese themed park, eating and having some refreshments, photographing at the Disney-themed park, relaxing on a cottage or finding other interesting spots for your next Instagram posts. The options are aplenty. All you have to do is to go there visit and be a storyteller like me. Entrance to Bamboo Forest Medellin is only twenty (Php20) pesos [6/6/21]. Learn the story how Bamboo Forest came about
|Bamboo Forest Medellin|
|Bamboo Forest. Luy-a, Medellin, Cebu|
|Bamboo Forest. If you want to seal your love with a padlock, bring your padlocks with you.|
|Bamboo Forest Food Stalls. Hungry? You can buy food from these food stalls. They weren't open yet when I get there as I went there on an early morn.|
|Bamboo Forest Disney-themed Park|
BAMBOO FOREST OPERATING HOURS:
Bamboo Forest Medellin is open from 6:00am to 8:30pm on weekdays and 6:00am to 11:00pm on weekends.
COFFEE BAR AND TUSLOB BUWA
There is a coffee shop outside the premises of Bamboo Forest named Coffee Bar. They are open daily from 8:00am to 8:00pm. I had a good chat with the owner when I went there. If you want, you can also try one of Cebu's famous streetfoods, Tuslob Buwa (Dip in Bubbles) beside the entrance to Bamboo Forest.
I AM LIKE A BAMBOO, RESILIENT
UNEXPECTED TRIP TO MEDELLIN CEBU (NORTH)
Out of the blue, I felt a sudden loneliness on one gloomy Sunday, so I had to let my wandering feet lead me to somewhere I can relax and unwind. Lo and behold, it lead me to a bus bound for Kawit, Medellin. I had always been wanting to go to Kawit as I read it somewhere that they have a beautiful beach there. Rightly so, they do have one of the best beaches in Cebu and I knew I would love it there even before stepping foot on it. I was happy my feet lead me there and lead me to probably the most popular beach resort in Medellin, Paradizzo Beach Resort
It's a great feeling to be nostalgic to a place of your childhood where you can still see lush greeneries in your neighborhood and community. That is what Medellin has to offer. You can feel the cool breeze while touring, the kind of life we used to have when we were younger, before industrialization took over. With Medellin being one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in Cebu, hopefully this unassuming beautiful town retain its country vibe. You know you're in Medellin when you pass by BOMEDCO and a lot of sugarcane plantation along the road. Reminds me so much of my trip to Manolo Fortich. The Aisle of Medellin was shy that day as the sugarcanes were still young but still you can feel the cool breeze as you travel as the greeneries are abounding.
The Aisle of Medellin
HOW TO GO TO BAMBOO FOREST MEDELLIN
- Go to Cebu North Bus Terminal situated on SM City Cebu parking grounds
- Ride a bus bound for Kawit with sign board Bogo/Kawit/Daanbantayan. To make sure you are boarding the right bus, just tell the bus steward (konduktor) that you're heading to Kawit, Medellin. Fare is Php222 (non-aircon, 6/8/2021)
- Tell the driver to drop you off in the corner heading to Bamboo Forest. (Not advisable this time, if it is your first time going there, there are not enough tricycles standing by at Bamboo Forest when I went there). Might as well, disembark at Medellin town proper and hire a tricycle and tell the driver to bring you to Bamboo Forest, have him wait while you explore the place)
- THIS IS HOW I GET TO BAMBOO FOREST FROM PARADDIZO BEACH IN KAWIT:
- From Cebu City, I disembarked at Kawit Proper/Kawit Public Market, stayed overnight at Paradizzo Beach Resort
- From Paradizzo Beach Resort, I walk towards the corner heading for Kawit Port and hired a tricycle for Bamboo Forest. I asked the driver to wait for me while exploring the place.
|Kawit Medellin Corner Heading to Kawit Port and Kawit Beach. This is just a few steps away from Emelia Hotel and Resort.|
Thanks to this driver who is very kind enough to tour me around Medellin.
- If you are somewhere near Bogo, you can ride a bus for Kawit, Medellin at Bogo Central Terminal and disembark at the corner heading for Bamboo Forest and walk your way there or better yet, just disembark at Medellin town proper and hire a tricycle to bring you to Bamboo Forest.
|Bogo Central Terminal. Bogo City, Cebu|
- If you are to go there with your vehicles, please see if you can navigate via the Waze app or see the map below for direction. Better yet, hire a tricycle driver at Medellin town proper to guide you to Bamboo Forest.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE