Sagastrand Beach Resort - San Vicente, Olango Island, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
Sagastrand Beach Resort is probably the most popular beach resort in Olango Island and is one of the best places to stay in the island. It is situated in Barangay San Vicente, just a few minutes away from Santa Rosa Port. It will only take you 15 to 20 minutes boat ride from mainland Mactan Island to reach the beautiful island of Olango.
|Sagastrand Beach Resort - San Vicente, Olango Island, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu|
|Olango Island Overnight Stay - Sagastrand Beach Resort|
Sagastrand Beach Resort is situated along national road prior to reaching two of the popular tourist attractions in Olango Island such as the Olango Wildlife Sanctuary and San Vicente Marine Sanctuary. The beautiful beach resort is well maintained and more developed equipped with various facilities such as swimming pools, billiards table, badminton court, sand volleyball court, short-ranged golf course, restaurant, gazebos, children's playground, private beach, etc. They are currently undergoing expansion which will give you more options to book for an accommodation there.
|Sagastrand Beach Resort - This is the newer pool at the resort. They are currently undergoing expansion and this is at the expansion area.|
The Philippines is home to some of the most hospitable people in the world and this resort's owner and staff and most people in Olango Island are a perfect representation of how hospitability should be, reminding me so much of the people in Coron.
|Olango Kids I met at the boardwalk on Sagastrand Beach Resort|
ENTRANCE FEE FOR DAY USE
Entrance Fee to Sagastrand Beach Resort is P250 per head which goes with swimming pool use up to 7:00pm (11:00pm for hotel guest). If you want to use the badminton court, fee is P100 per hour. You can also do sand volleyball there for P100 per hour or play short-ranged golf for P100 per hour.
|Sagastrand Badminton Court, Billiards Table, Short Range Golf Course|
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Entrance Fee and Other Fees|
SAGASTRAND BEACH RESORT ROOM RATES
They have several rooms and houses for rent there should you want to stay there for a night or two. Their rooms and houses are classified into:
Garden View Room - P2900 per night Good for 2 persons
Seaview Suites - P9000 per night Good for 7 persons
Economy Room - P2000 per night Good for 2 persons
House 1 - P8900 per night Good for 7 persons
House 2 - P7800 per night Good for 7 persons.
For more details about room inclusions, click here. When I get there, I found cheaper deals in agoda.com.
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Room Rates|
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Economy Rooms - I stayed on the right side of those rooms. I found deals on agoda.com|
COTTAGES, OPERATING HOURS AND NUMBER TO CALL
Sagastrand Beach Resort has several cottages and gazebos if you just want to stay there for one whole day. I am not sure if you can bring your own food as they have a restaurant there but you may want to call their numbers at +63 (0) 929 883 7704 for clarification. You may also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Gazebo - this is just one of the gazebos and cottages in the resort, my favorite spot to beach bum. Wifi connection is also stronger here than in the economy room that I stayed at.|
They have a parking area there in front of the resort.
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Shuttle Service - they have a shuttle service to bring you to your desired destinations in the island, this must go with the price of course. If my memory serves me right, per my conversation with one of the staff there, price per person is P600 not sure what are the inclusions though. Feel free to reach out the resort at the contact info listed above.|
SWIMMING POOL, BEACH AREA AND THE BOARDWALK
Sagastrand Beach Resort has 2 swimming pools, the new one is situated near the expansion area and the other one is beside the reception area. I love it that they use seawater in their pools. Just like the rest of Olango beaches, San Vicente where Sagastrand Beach Resort is situated is also blessed with white sand beach but unlike Santa Fe in Bantayan Island, when it's low tide in Olango Island, you really can feel that it is indeed low tide, thus the use of boardwalks, you can find them in the marine and bird sanctuaries and at this resort.
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Boadwalk (Ka perfect ba, walay ka tatsa tasa, murag tamatis. Hahaha)|
|Sagastrand Beach Resort Beach Area|
HOW TO GO TO SAGASTRAND BEACH RESORT IN OLANGO ISLAND VIA HILTON OR MOVENPICK PORT
- Ride a taxi, Grab or Angkas to Parkmall or J Centre Mall
- Disembark at the PUV Terminal in Parkmall or J Centre Mall
- At the Parkmall PUV Terminal, ride a jeepney heading to Punta Engano or if you are coming from J Centre Mall (JMall) PUV Terminal, ride a jeepney heading to Soong. If you took the Soong jeepney, disembark at Marina Mall and from Marina Mall, ride another jeepney heading to Punta Engano
- Disembark at Movenpick Hotel. Beside the hotel, you will see a small road heading downwards, use that road, it will lead you to Hilton Port or Movenpick Port.
- Buy a ticket bound for Santa Rosa Port. Fare is only P15 and a minimal terminal fee (if any). I only paid P15. (Travel time from Hilton Port to Santa Rosa Port and vice versa is only 15 to 20 minutes).
- Board a motorized banca heading to Santa Rosa Port.
- From Santa Rosa Port, ride a motorbike or tricycle to bring you Sagastrand Beach Resort in San Vicente. The resort is not too far from Santa Rosa Port, so a fare of fifty pesos (P50) is reasonable. That's it!
- The quickest way to get to Hilton Port or Movenpick Port is to ride a taxi, Grab or Angkas for Movenpick Hotel then see steps 4 to 7 above.