A Quick Tour in Toledo City, The Western Gateway to Cebu and How To Go To Negros
Toledo City is the gateway to the western part of Cebu Province. If you are a foreigner reading this, this is a component city in Cebu and is not to be confused as Toledo City in Ohio, USA nor Toledo City in Spain. Toledo City, Cebu is home to Atlas Consolidated Mining and Development Corporation, a copper mining company which has been in production since the 1950's. Toledo is also home to one of its fastest growing attraction, The Labyrinth.
|Labyrinth located in Capilla Santa Ana in Toledo City, Cebu - one of the fastest tourist attractions in Toledo City. It is very fulfilling to complete the maze under the scorching heat of the sun. Though, I am not very concerned as to get sun burned, the heat is just too much to bear, so bring towels or caps with you when you go there at high noon.|
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN TOLEDO CITY, CEBU
Some of the tourist attractions and resorts in Toledo City, Cebu are: Atlas Consolidated Mining, Capilla Santa Ana Museum, The Labyrinth at Capilla Santa Ana, St John of Sahugan Church, Malubog Lake, Biga Pit, The Ranch Resort, Estrella Resort, Springpark Mountain Resort and many others.
|Capilla Santa Museum - this is a private chapel that houses various relics and antiques from Europe and other parts of the world. The famous labyrinth or the garden maze is located outside this chapel.|
THE LABYRINTH AT CAPILLA SANTA ANA MUSEUM
If you are a local or foreign tourist asking locals how to go to the Labyrinth, chances are, most of them do not know where it's at, so change your question instead to how to go to Capilla Santa Ana Museum or how to go to the maze garden. Capilla Santa Ana is a private chapel owned by the Overs that houses several collections of relics, antiques, religious items and paintings dating back from as old as 17th century. Entrance Fee to the museum is P100 which includes a quick tour. Operating hours is 9:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. HOW TO GO TO THE LABYRINTH: You may start your Toledo City Tour at Capilla Santa Ana, if you do, tell the bus steward to drop you off at Santa Ana Chapel. (If you took a van, from the van terminal in Toledo Port, ride a tricycle to get you there).
|Labyrinth Garden in Capilla Santa Ana - Toledo City, Cebu|
RELAXING AT THE PUBLIC BEACH
Just across Capilla Santa Ana, there is an open space heading to the public beach that you can relax and enjoy the cool breeze, so while in Toledo, spend a few minutes there to relax and let some of your worries be swept away by the cold winds.
|This is a public beach in Toledo, across Capilla Santa Ana. While you can swim there, trashes are on the seashore, not washed ashore. So, if you have to go there, don't litter and leave no trace. It is high time to care for mother Earth.|
QUICK STOP AT ST JOHN OF SAHAGUN CHURCH
|Toledo Church - St John of Sahugan. This is my starting point. Whenever I got the chance, I always visit each town's church. I am not very religious but my mother teached me how to pray.|
PLACES TO STAY AND RESORTS IN TOLEDO CITY
Some of the famous resorts and places to stay in Toledo City, Cebu are: Days Hotel, The Ranch Resort, Estrella del Mar Resort, Springpark Mountain Resort. Days Hotel is just a walking distance to Toledo Port. You may also book online at agoda.com, booking.com or any other booking websites.
HOW TO GO TO TOLEDO CITY
- Go to South Bus Terminal
- Ride a bus bound for Toledo City. Fare is P83. (You can also ride a van at Toledo Van Terminal situated along Junquera St, somewhere near University of San Carlos. Travel time is faster and fare is P100)
- Disembark at the town proper or at Barba Sports Complex if you want to tour Toledo City or if you want to go to Negros, see instructions below.
|How to go to Negros from Cebu via Toledo City|
There are different ways to go to Negros from Cebu, you can go to either North Bus Terminal or via South Bus Terminal via Toledo City. The instructions below is how to go to Negros via Toledo City, Cebu.
- Go to South Bus Terminal
- Ride a bus bound for Toledo City. Fare is P83. You can also ride a van at Toledo Van Terminal situated along Junquera St, somewhere near University of San Carlos. Travel time is faster and fare is P100
- Disembark at the corner heading to Toledo Port (the one with McDonald's).
- Walk your way towards the terminal and buy a ticket bound for San Carlos City. Fast craft will only take you one hour from Toledo City to San Carlos City. Fare is P260 for FastCat/aircon and P195 for non-aircon. Other shipping companies are Lite Shipping and Aznar Shipping.
- Once you reached San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, hire a tricycle or trisikad to bring you to the terminal. Fare is P8.
- Once at the San Carlos City Ceres Terminal, board a bus bound for your desired destination. You can go to Dumaguete City, Bacolod City and other parts of Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental from there. (NOTE: You may also ride a direct bus bound for Dumaguete City or Bacolod City at Cebu City South Bus Terminal or at Cebu North Bus Terminal). Fastest route to Negros from Cebu City is via Toledo City).
FASTEST ROUTE FROM SAN CARLOS CITY TO BACOLOD CITY
- Because sharing is caring and because I'm grateful with the information I got from the local I talked to, thought of sharing you the fastest way to go to Bacolod City from San Carlos City. Take a bus bound for Bacolod City via Don Salvador as travel time is shorter, only 2.5 hours compared to traveling Bacolod City via Escalante which will take you 5 hours to travel.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
CEBU AND OTHER DESTINATIONS
|Cebu to Bacolod Itinerary|
|La Vista Highlands - Tourist Attractions in San Carlos City|
|The Ruins - Talisay City, Negros Occidental|
|Tourist Spots in Bacolod City|
|Campuestohan Highland Resort|