Cadapdapan Rice Terraces and Can-Umantad Falls - Candijay, Bohol
It was one regular Saturday when one of my friends in college sent me a guide link to Cadapdapan Rice Terraces and Can-Umantad Falls. She asked me if I wanted to go with her the following day, Sunday. After checking the link, I was in awe with what I saw and at the back of my mind, I was already saying yes but before making a decision I asked her if we will be back on the same day as I have a scheduled meeting every Monday at 8:00am for my work. Since she was amenable to going back to Cebu on the same day, Sunday, she booked a roundtrip ticket for us.
|Cadapdapan Rice Terraces - My friend was busy capturing photos of the beautiful scenery, checking angles and stuff... lol|
HOW TO CADAPDAPAN RICE TERRACES
|Eleuterio's Cadapdapan Rice Terraces and Mountain Resort - This is what the rice terraces look like after the harvest|
When we reached Lungsodaan, the rain started to pour, we waited for it to stop. As soon as the rain started to slow down, we then agreed to have the habal habal driver brought us to the terraces (Fare: P200 roundtrip). The road going there is rough and bumpy and to a point muddy and slippery when we pass by the rice fields. Travel time from Lungsodaan to Cadapdapan Rice Terraces is 25-30 minutes.
|This is where the bus steward dropped us off in Barangay Lungsodaan in Candijay, Bohol. This is the starting point to Cadapdapan Rice Terraces and Can-Umantad Falls. You can charter a motorbike/habalhabal here. Travel time from here to the rice terraces is 25-30 minutes. You can actually bring your private vehicle with you but just so to set your expectation, the road going there is rough and bumpy (might be paved when you go there at a certain time in the future)|
|This is what the rice terraces look like before harvest time (Photo credit: Eleuterio's Rice Terraces)|
|When you go to a place as nice as this, pictorial is a MUST lol. This was taken at Eleuterio's Rice Terraces|
|Me and my friend with our habal-habal driver|
One of the best trips are unplanned trips. Thanks Lai for the invite and thank you Lord for the safe trip!
HOW TO GO TO CAN-UMANTAD FALLS FROM ELEUTERIO'S RICE TERRACES AND MOUNTAIN RESORT
|Can-Umantad Falls - Candijay, Bohol|
|How to go to Cadapdapan Rice Terraces and Can-Umantad Falls in Candijay Bohol|
HOW TO CADAPDAPAN RICE TERRACES AND CAN-UMANTAD FALLS IN DETAILS / STEP BY STEP
- Buy a Cebu to Tagbilaran Ticket at SuperCat or Oceanjet. For ticketing outlets, you may visit their websites or call SUPERCAT - +63(32) 233-7000 OCEANJET - +63(32) 255 7560 / +63 (32) 255 0115 0917 638 0000. (P425). (You can also go to Tagbilaran, Bohol via Cebu Pacific, Air Asia and Philippine Airlines).
- Once you arrived in Tagbilaran Port, ride a tricyle to the bus/van terminal (P25). (If you opted to go to Bohol by air, from the airport, ride a taxi heading to bus/van terminal or see if there is a van there that goes straight to Candijay or Ubay then proceed to step number 4).
- Upon reaching the bus/van terminal, ride a bus/van bound for Ubay. Fare for van is P130. Travel time from Tagbilaran terminal to Barangay Lungsodaan, Candijay is 2 hours.
- When you reached Barangay Lungsodaan in Candijay, Bohol, charter a habal habal for Cadapdapan Rice Terraces (Fare: P200 roundtrip, haggle if you want to). The road going there is rough and bumpy and to a point muddy and slippery when you pass by the rice fields. Travel time from Lungsodaan to Cadapdapan Rice Terraces is 25-30 minutes.
- Worried about going back to Tagbilaran from Candijay? Don't be, there are several vans and buses passing by on your way back. Please remind the driver on your way back to drop you off at the city center if you want to go to Tagbilaran Port after your tour. From the city center, ride a tricycle and tell the driver to bring you to Tagbilaran Port.
- You can go to Can-Umantad Falls from Cadapdapan Rice Terraces but you can also go straight there as well. The waterfall is just a 15-minute walk from the terraces but wait until you go back, you will need 15 minutes more, yes, it will take you 25 to 30 minutes to go back up as the stairs are steep.
SUPERCAT - https://supercat.com.ph/
OCEANJET - http://www.oceanjet.net/
NUMBERS TO CALL
SUPERCAT - +63(32) 233-7000
OCEANJET - +63(32) 255 7560 / +63 (32) 255 0115
0917 638 0000
|Cebu to Bohol Day Tour - Popular Tourist Spots|
|Cebu to Bacolod Itinerary 2D1N|